Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Some Amazing Hits: Wonders/Blunders of 2008

I am more than happy to usher the year('08) to the door. Hand in hand, like a girl that decided she did not want to give it up and I have to hold on to my manners until I see her to the door, assuring her I would call her, knowing I only have so much time before my next jump('09) comes by. And I KNOW this bitch is going to put out.

With all that being said. I would like to reminisce on the times and songs that we were forced to or, unfortunately loved, this past year.

W Hurricane Chris, anyone?
I know Ay Bay Bay came out last year, but I am saying, "Playa's Rock". Banger.
i.e. Chilling in the jacuzzi/ just water/ no bubbles? C'mon.

BThe Game featuring Ne-Yo with Camera Phone
A definite, get the fuck out of here. Two undercovers using the club and desperate women as beards. Bitch, please.

B Where did DJ Khaled come from? More importantly, from whom did he get his (commercial, I am screaming over everything talking about money I could not possibly have since I am on Terror Squad)pass? I just wanted to know.

W For those of you that know me, you already knew I predicted T-Pain was going to be IT, whether you still want to put an sh in front of it is up to you, but... I told you so. Even though that 2 Pistols, Plies wanna be, Shawty knock off was a bad look.

B I am one for ignorance, and I have respect for Bustah Rhymes, however this is a time when two plus two does not necessarily add up to a rational number. A(y)rab Money? Nah, son. The concept was of interest and varying from the concrete canon of hip hop metaphors but they do not deserve to be called out of their names. Arabs, stereotypically, coming from where I am from, provide our dutches, loosies, forties, their candy is not as expensive as it is once you leave the hood, bacon, egg and cheese on a rolls, quarter water and turkey sandwiches for trip days, etc. We should not show Ak our gratitude by pronouncing his ethnicity wrong. Its not right.

Speaking of which, E-ether Boy, bka, Ron Brownz, whose named confused the shit out of me when i first heard it, in the words of NORE, who has a track produced by Brownz, is garbation. T-Pain is not a genius but, he is a bit more intricate and if he is going to turn the ultimate fail (auto tune manufactured voice) into a trademark, why jump on the band wagon and give him the authority to talk sideways about you. He should have faded to black but, everyone wants a piece of the man no one wants to be or sleep with.

And to close off the year this nigga dropped Blame it on the Alcohol for Jaime Foxx, there will be many a paternity test because of this song. So look out in the third and fourth quarter of next year for these results.

Feelin' on her butt, what?







ps. With the struggling economy and fucked up record industry, how does Keri Hilson have a million videos out, not to mention the worst video of the past two years with "Return the Favor"

AND Shantelligence... *blank stare

No comments: