Sunday, October 18, 2009

Come Into Knowledge

I love Pandora for what it can do in terms of introducing me to amazing songs and artists to which I would not have that exposure. However, sometimes, that it can be way off and I have no idea how it even found songs that I would like in the first place. Either way, I was listening to either my Norman Connors, Isaac Hayes, or Funk radio station and I heard the song 'Daylight' by this group named RAMP. It was the song whose guitar loop was sampled in A Tribe Called Quest's, 'Bonita Applebum'. The song is featured on their only album, Come into Knowledge, released in 1977. Quite honestly, it is a masterpiece of a unique magnitude. Each song is a complete entity and serves and completes the purpose of its message. The song topics volley between self-empowerment and love, essentially typical of this era in black music. I implore you to research and take a listen. 

No comments: