Wednesday, November 5, 2008

...So Proud To Be Just Who I Am

I am sure there are better ways to describe the way I feel. Not only am I proud to be a black American. I am also happy that people of color, generally speaking, have decided to idenitfy in a manner that grassroot efforts and dialogue may not have done as effectively and concretely. Black people in America have to understand and hone in on our power. Not just political, but in our legacies and strength as a people and as individuals. It is not just Obama, it is you, it is myself, it is the knowledge that we have agency and must muster up the stamina to be with it for the long haul. This is the beginning, with so much work to be done. I look forward to working with you.

Here are some songs I will need to hear for the next couple of days.







No comments: