Saturday, October 25, 2008

Love for Sale... more to come

Upon re-reading a book with whose philosophies I idealize and to with which I relate, I have found myself redefining and evaluating my views and experiences of and with love.


In the sense that I want to / have to be loved for something. Not just because. And to get my due justice I must have a clear sense of who I am and what I want and how I am going to achieve it. I am to be loved for my courage, my ambitions, and my accomplishments. That is what will define me throughout my life and thereafter.


With that in mind, relationships should be simpler. If we are attracted to each other as a result of recognizing the rational and productive spirit in ourselves and each other, the gray areas that exist would be either black or white. There would be no need to use shrouds of elusion, need and responsibility to the other party as the main adhesive to any interpersonal relationships. It is a barter system, there should be no debt of the mind or spirit. If you can not figure out why you love something, or someone, it is time to identify and define how the word/emotion/sentiment translate in your existence.

word.

No comments: